Green travel agency and company
When choosing a travel company, choose a company that works to reduce the negative environmental impact and makes an effort to protect the travel destinations.
- Your travel agency can help make your trip leave a more positive impression. Search and ask what products your travel company can offer that takes environment, economic, social and cultural conditions of your destination into account.
- You can also ask if the travel agency has a CSR policy and if they have received a form of sustainability certification (ISO, Travelife, etc.) or if they have some special sustainable experiences.
- You can ask if it’s possible to pay CO2 compensation for your travels by airplane. You can rent environmentally friendly cars. You can book a hotel with an environmental certificate that have local employees and proper working conditions for them.
- Try to book direct flights when possible and avoid layover as much as possible. You save time, energy and effort by flying directly.
- Does the travel company have airplanes or do they collaborate with airline companies with new aircraft that have a lower negative impact on the environment than the old ones.
- Read about their efforts on their website. Does it look seriously and trustworthy
- Before booking you can ask them about the hotel and the accommodation's environmental efforts.
- Be loyal and reward the companies that make an effort by selecting them again.
And praise their green efforts. It makes them do even more.