Green meetings and conferences
In addition of booking meetings at places labelled with Green Key or other established eco-labels, you can take environmental action before, during and after the event.
- Use eco-friendly paper or mail for invitations, programs and follow-up material for participants.
- Inform participants about the possibility for public transport to the venue.
- Encourage carpooling by handing out participant list in advance.
- Place the event in a suitable sized room, so you don’t use unnecessary energy on heat or air-condition for a too large room.
- Have organic fruits / beverages.
- Have ice water in pitchers instead of bottled water.
- Order a certain amount of organic or climate-friendly food.
During the event:
- Use electronic media with websites or apps, so participants can view presentations, participant lists, practical information etc. on Smartphone’s, tabs or PCs.
- Printed folders and other documents should be printed on environmentally friendly paper.
- Have paper and pencils prepared, so participants themselves can take it if needed.
- Only turn on air-condition or heat when needed.
- Avoid using unnecessary light - turnoff all or part of the light during daytime.
- Only use disposable packaging in special cases (ex. outdoor activities) and then order sustainable products.
- Have participants sort their waste - Ask the venue about how.
- Have environmental advices for the participant.
After the event:
- Recycle printed material that hasn’t been used.
- Recycling unused nameplates.
- Turn off the light and ventilation or air-condition when you leave the room.
- Send presentations by mail or other electronics as "Distribution copies".