How can you help to protect coral reefs when diving or snorkelling?
- Avoid vulnerable coral reefs and seas
- Follow instructions and advice from local experts and authorities
- Exercise caution when swimming around coral or other vulnerable vegetation
- Admire the beauty but do not touch or remove anything prohibited
- Avoid using sunscreen (which according to one article has a negative effect on coral reefs). Wear a wetsuit and use a special sunscreen which doesn’t contain: oxybenzone, cinoxate, and butylparaben.