You have already made an effort to protect the environment when you choose a Green Key or other recognized labels. Green Key companies work seriously and continuously to minimize the negative impact on the environment.
You can also:
- Help conserve water
- Turn off lights and electronic equipment when not in use
- Use towels and linens an extra day.
- Turn off heat and air-conditioning units when not needed
- Sort your waste according to the accommodations' instructions
- If possible, drink tap water instead of bottled water
- Eat more sustainable food and minimize food waste.
Praise, reward and be loyal to those who make an effort and select them again for your next stay. This will encourage them to do more to protect the environment.